Tuesday, April 25, 2017

National Infertility Awareness Week

In honor of National Infertility Awareness Week...

Man I wish I was a better writer.  If I was, I might be able to express all of this on my own, but instead, I'm borrowing from others.

I wanted to share an article that is a small portion of what USA Today is covering this week.  The struggle is real.  The heartache is real.  And even when there is resolution (adoption, surrogacy,  successful IVF, etc) it doesn't take away from what the journey looked like to get there.

I get it.  Unhappy subjects, murky areas that aren't full of sunshine, and talk of things that might get you a frowny face on Facebook are more taboo than just sharing the joy.  But there is power in letting these things out.

For a long time I internalized my grief and disappointment.  I projected a happy outside while inside I felt like a failure.  It's always my hope that while people can follow along with our journey, it will also give some courage and hope to some other woman out there who may be silently struggling.  If this is you, please know you are not alone.  Sharing these stories and talking in the open air takes away some of the power that grief and disappointment can carry.

There are so many things that people are hurting over these days and so many statistics that are staggering.  For those of you who have been praying for Mr. A and I as we have battled this issue, I can't thank you enough.

Check it out.  There are videos and stories, statistics and cold hard facts.  And many of what you will see are situations, statistics, facts and feelings that we personally have gone through and are still battling.  I'm thankful that I know God has his hand in this and there is light at the end of the tunnel, but the struggle is so real.

If you are also struggling, please know you are not alone.

National Infertility Awareness Week- read all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment