Monday, March 6, 2017

Lights, Camera, Adoption!

We are less than 2 weeks away from the big show, and I am feeling so many emotions right now-- the principal one being extreme excitement!

For those of you planning on attending, I don't want to give too much away, but I have been so amazed at how this evening is turning out.  We have right around 20 people who are helping in an on-stage or back-stage capacity and my heart is SO FULL!

Back in the day, when I lived and breathed live theatre, it was no big deal to jump on stage, belt out a number and go on with my day.  These days, those "performances" are limited to singing in church next to my hubs in the audience, or belting in my car during rush hour, so it will be fun to jump back onto the stage again.

It's a little surreal thinking about our child and where their interests and talents will lie.  I used to joke that my kid would come out of the womb singing as I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me (or so my mother tells me).  Even if you are not musically talented, working in a live performing environment is supposed to teach leadership skills, self-confidence, teamwork and respect for those around me.  While my child may not come out of the womb belting show tunes, I hope that this upcoming event can be the start of a life where the arts (in some way, shape of form) is represented in their lives.

Are you in Georgia and looking for something fun to do on the 18th?  I hope you'll consider spending your evening with us!

As always, thank you for being a part of our story.  To pray, give or share, you can do so here:

No comments:

Post a Comment