Thursday, February 23, 2017

Adoption in Big Bright Lights

2017 has NOT been the year of lots of posting and updates and I apologize to my sweet followers who keep asking for news.  Unfortunately for the most part, things have been quiet and we are in that dreaded waiting phase, however, we did get a positive call from our caseworker yesterday and our profile has been requested specifically 4 times since January.  Of course I wanted to know if that was a good number or not (always competitive!), and YES, it is a good number!  So our profile's out there and we are waiting on that right fit.

In the meantime, we are really pushing to save, save, and save some more so when the match happens we are READY.  And with that, here's the BIG announcement for you all!

Our story is coming to the stage!  And by that, our old theatre in Georgia has graciously allowed us to use the space for a one-night performance to share our story and raise funds for our cause.

When I first thought about this, I was a little scared- I mean, it's been a while since I've been on stage.  But the more I thought about it and the more I reached out to different friends and former theatre colleagues to check their interest level, it got really exciting really fast.  SO MANY PEOPLE have jumped on board to help- I have friends who are professional actors who are flying in to perform with me!  It's so humbling and exciting, and I can't wait!!

So, the information is below.  March 18th. Macon GA.  There will be some great entertainment, information about our journey, and just a great time of fellowship and fun.  If you are in the area, I hope you will consider coming.  Tickets can be purchased at the door, BUT if you want advanced reserved seats, you can simply make a donation of the ticket price ($20) to our website- just list the number of tickets you want and make sure to include your name so we can reserve them for you.

This is going to be so much fun-- if you are in Georgia and have friends/family who may be considering adoption, I hope you will also share this with them as well.

I'll see you soon on stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment