We spent the first weekend of December back home in Georgia for my family reunion.
Over 50 adults and 20 children represented! Can you find my face?!?! Hint, it's hidden partially behind a toddler.
It was great. I got to play with my nephews, my cousins kids, catch up with the grownups and celebrate 4 generations of my family in one place. It's always a little bittersweet because not everyone can come, but it was amazing just the same. My 3 little ring bearers are now these tall good looking high school students, and my cousins, who I used to boss around as the "oldest" growing up now have kids of their own!
My ringbearers. Too cool to pose.
My baby brother with his baby- I just melt.
My grandmother with her great-grands.
We also had a special appearance by Santa Clause (Mr. A) who posed with just about everybody.
Santa and my parents.
Santa and my grandmama.
The reunion was great because for whatever reason, we had a slew of kids ranging from 2-4 years old running around and their reactions to each other were priceless. Here are these kids meeting other kids they've never met and probably will only see once a year, but they recognized each other and just started playing and hanging out like family does.
Cousins Milo and Henry meeting for the first time. They were best buds the rest of the day!
Babies everywhere!
My Nephew and Mr. A. deep in conversation
Girl talk
It's not a party til you throw leaves in your hair.
It got me thinking about Baby Carr. Would we bring in the newest family member next year? Would B.C. just jump into the mix with everyone else? Before we ate, we had a sweet prayer time and my Uncle David mentioned our adoption journey. Wow. Not only do we now feel that love and support from our immediate family- we really feel it from the extended one as well.
We also took the opportunity at the family reunion to have my sweet cousin Bethany take some adoption profile pics for us. It felt a little bit like engagement photos all over again, but it was fun. Here are some of our favorites:
Every year, our family participates in this 10K to honor my grandfather but this is the first year we've gotten to go, so we registered and completed our very first 10K! No, that is not a joke, I ran/walked a 10K. I'm still not ready to talk about whether or not I'll EVER do one again, but here are some of the memories of that 2 hour experience:
A few of the runners (I really thought doing the race was a mandatory thing for the reunion)
Mr. A and I jumped on the podium pre-race since we figured we wouldn't place :) And that's my aunt, who finished WAY before me. Great job Aunt Kathy!
We didn't come in first, but we didn't come in last, so I consider that a WIN!
Thanks family, for the best weekend and thanks for praying and sharing in our journey!
If you would like to pray, share or invest in our adoption journey, you can do so here:
www.youcaring.com/carradoptionfund

No comments:
Post a Comment