We've also done some great fundraisers and will continue to do so through next year. Here are a couple of highlights:
My sweet cousin Lindsay, her mom Kathy and her daughter Kathryn have been working hard since we first announced on their "Cousins 4 Baby Carr" initiative.
In November, Lindsay hosted a live Facebook event to sell Minecraft ornaments and original paintings by her 6 year old daughter Kathryn.
Lindsay is like a sister to me. She let me boss her around as the "older" cousin when we were younger, we've been each other's weddings, and just last May we met up with our husbands and her newest little one in New Orleans.
Even though I'm the older one, I look up to her and her amazing mothering skills so much- I hope I can be the kind of mom she is to her kids. She's the appointed CFO of our adoption project and has been such a huge help!!!
My other cousin Bethany, who's been one of my prayer partners throughout this journey, also hosted a Mary Kay fundraiser on Facebook last month.
Bethany is a total rockstar. She lives in Florida with her husband and 2 boys and I also really look up to her as she manages a busy household but has raised such sweet children. She's a MK expert, so please visit her site when you can.
We also headed to my hometown of Macon, GA during the family reunion weekend for a fundraiser my friend Natasha agreed to host at Monkey Joe's she and her husband own.
This was a tough one as it was COLD and RAINY that day, but we still had some sweet families attend and people called ahead to purchase tix which helped us a bunch. We even had a special appearance from Monkey Joe himself!Natasha has had such a heart for our journey and I'm so appreciative of her and all of our friends who participated.
One of the worries I had when we started this whole journey was how in the world we would be able to manage the financial pieces in order to adopt. The support from our friends and family in their individual gifts as well as the gifts of their time, energy and service has overwhelmed me and has gotten us so much closer to our goal.
There are still some fun things planned for 2017 so stay on the lookout. In the meantime, please continue to pray and share our journey. One thing that's come up time and time again is the connection with other couples out there who are also struggling with their inability to get pregnant naturally, so I hope my journey can be a source of comfort and hope. There are options and there is light at the end of the tunnel. When you share, you don't know who may be impacted in a positive way, so thank you for that.
To pray, share or invest in our journey, visit our site:
www.youcaring.com/carradoptionfund





No comments:
Post a Comment