I have been completely overwhelmed with the response from all of you. Thank you for reading, sharing and investing in this process. Mr. A and I are so so grateful.
With your prayers, shares and comments, I've gotten some questions asking about our path so far and how and why we have been led to adoption. I thought I would share a little more about our own journey with the disclaimer that every path that includes infertility is different. These blog posts are based on our experience and our journey. If you have specific questions that aren't answered, please feel free to reach out to me.
I think that there may be a stigma about adoption if you are unfamiliar with the process. I've had several people comment (very lovingly of course) throughout our infertility journey that we shouldn't worry because if we can't have children of our own we could "always adopt."
I want to be really transparent here- we are not moving forward with adoption because having a biological child is not an option for us. We are moving forward with adoption because we believe this has always been our plan and chosen path to parenthood- we just had to cross a few bridges and rivers (and hills and mountains) to get there. I don't believe adoption (at least for us) is an "either or" situation. Either I get pregnant or we adopt. Adoption isn't the alternative option for us. It's the first choice and God's choice for our lives and our future.
I added some "fun facts" on our fundraising page about famous adoptions in history, but I left out the some pretty important ones. The Bible has all sorts of references to adoption, caring for orphans, etc. If you remember, Moses was adopted by his Egyptian family in the Old Testament. But if you look in the New Testament you will read about perhaps the most famous adoption of all: Jesus was adopted by His earthly father Joseph (who was chosen specifically by God) and I can't think of a better example of God's promise with adoption than this one. While on earth, God provided an adoptive father for His son and what an amazing story came from that beginning!
Adoption can be such a ministry and a beautiful, positive experience for the couple, the baby, and the birth parents. To know there is so much love and courage surrounding the welfare, care and love of one baby is God's best for those who go down this road. Has it been tough? Absolutely. Have we hit snags along the way? You bet. But now, with our path and our choice so clear, there's no doubt that this is God's first choice for us. There's no either or.
Want to pray, share or invest in our journey? You can do so here:
https://www.youcaring.com/carradoptionfund
No comments:
Post a Comment